Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Who is Yasmine?


As the social media and creative director, I've been loving my time working at FabricLovers. The site is tempting for a novice seamstress like me and I've thoroughly enjoyed connecting you to tutorials, ideas, and quilt designs that you can implement in all your projects.

I studied product design at Columbus College of Art & Design and have been freelancing and working in many fields since then. Having always loved handbags, I first started sewing them around my last year of college and haven't stopped, and although not all have turned out great, I've grown to love the process.

I'm always kept busy as a mother of a precocious and energetic 2 year old. I love to paint, design, and of course sew. You can typically find me either designing something, running around with my daughter, or trying to figure out how I didn't notice a zipper was on backwards before I sewed it on.

My current favorite fabrics on the site are:
This Geekly Mustache print is by Riley Blake and is so much fun! Colorful mustaches grace a black back drop.

This retro orange and red pattern would be perfect as a skirt! I'd even love to walk around with a large bag in theis print!

This pattern features super cute crabs in different colors. The pattern would be great as a small "skirt" under my bathroom sink!

You can also check out my picks by clicking on the category "Millennial Fabric Picks By Yasmine". If you have any questions or comments you can post them here, on the Facebook page, tweet them to us, or email me at Yasmine@FabricLovers.com.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you!

Yasmine

0 comments:

Post a Comment