Thursday, July 25, 2013

What's Sabra Up To Now?


Hi everyone! Even though it’s been a few months since FabricLovers has transitioned from my hands to the new owners’ hands, I wanted to “pop in” and let you know what has been going on.

Wonder Wallet for Mexico
First off, for those who don't know me, I'm the original owner/creator of FabricLovers.com. I’m really excited about the energy and creative ideas that Beth, Dean, and  Yasmine have been incorporating into the company. They are bringing some fresh perspectives and are working hard to find the best fabrics and patterns to offer you. I like where they are headed, and I think you will, too! I know they are always looking for your comments and suggestions, so if you have something you’d like to say, be sure to leave a comment below.


Love my Wonder Wallets!
Even though I’m no longer running FabricLovers, I am still involved with it--it is my baby, after all!  I’ve been helping to bring Beth and Dean up-to-speed with the business, discussing how to make things run smoothly, and offering support in any way that I can. I am very thankful that they are serious about making it work and are committed to the business. It’s nice to know that FabricLovers will be around for a long time, and I look forward to shopping there myself!


 Now that I'm not working full time at FabricLovers, I’ve been able to get back into sewing, and I’m enjoying finishing projects that have been waiting too long to get done. Take this quilt for example.  This fabric came through the shop many years ago, and I just loved it, and now I’m finally able to do something with it. I’ve finished the top, and will be using this as a wall hanging.

Tried some fancy trim and stitches
I’ve also completed the Wonder Wallets pictured above and to the right.  I must say the Wonder Wallet pattern by Lazy Girl Designs is one of my favorites! It's so fast and easy, and uses so little fabric, I make one to go with every purse from the scraps I have left over. I also love that they hold loose change, and the change doesn't fall out! They are great travel wallets, but I find I use mine all the time, since I prefer to have less stuff to carry around. If you haven't tried a Wonder Wallet yet, you can get the pattern here; however, I must warn you--they are addictive! But they do make great gifts, so you'll always have a reason to make more. :-)

For my two newest purses, I thought the pink fabric would be perfect for our frequent trips to Mexico, plus I just loved the colors of the main print. I made the purple purse for our most recent trip to Costa Rica. Most of this fabric has been sitting in my closet for at least a year, so I’m happy to finally give it a new home!


One of the reasons we decided it was time to transition out of FabricLovers is that my husband and I will be moving to Costa Rica in four years—we’re just waiting for our youngest to graduate high school. We’ve fallen in love with Costa Rica, and have started up a new venture helping people discover how to live better for less in that beautiful country. That’s where our focus is now, and we’d love to have you stay in touch with us, and share in our journey, on our Facebook page, Blog, and/or Website. I know many of you already have, and it’s so special to see familiar faces—thanks! Also, we’re holding a Sweepstakes now through August 7th, so be sure to head over to our Facebook page and click on the “Win A Happier Book” icon to enter!

We just got back from another trip to Costa Rica, and thought you might enjoy this video we took at an animal rescue center there. The video is of our daughter and her friend holding baby Capuchin and Howler monkeys--and it ends with a surprise!


Well, that’s it for now, but I’m sure it won’t be the last you’ll be hearing from me as I will be commenting occasionally on the FabricLovers blog or Facebook page. I look forward to continued interaction with all of you! 

---Sabra

0 comments:

Post a Comment