Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Favorites: Scrap Fabric, Sewing A Pillow, and My Next Project

It's finally Friday! I finally used up the leftover fabric scraps from my first quilt, found a video on the basics of cutting, and am planning my next project! Productivity has been my middle name this week!

I decided to make a pillow from the scraps of fabric I had leftover. What would go better with the quilt than a small pillow, right? The pillow isn't stuffed yet. I can't wait to finish it!

You can watch me sew on my mom's machine here:



I also got my first rotary cutter and I love it. I had no idea how easy (and accurate) it would make everything! Love, love, love it. But then I realized that I needed to know the basics of cutting, just in case. So I came upon this great video:



Want to save money and stock up on fun holiday/Christmas fabric? Fabric Lovers is currently holding this lovely Gingerbread House fabric on sale! Check it out!


So after I finish the pillow, what's next? I really want to make another quilt but think a small project might be better until I get more practice. What do you think? Should I make a simple tote, another pillow, a table runner? So many ideas and so little time!

Want something to help you procrastinate? Please follow us on TwitterPinterestFacebook and/or comment below on things you'd like me to feature or talk about!
~Yasmine

0 comments:

Post a Comment