Monday, June 10, 2013

Brick and Mortar Highlight: The Glass Thimble

I'm in the final stretch to finish my first quilt and realized I needed binding. I thought I had some stashed away but either I only dreamed it, or my daughter got into my sewing closet again. This event ended up being a great thing though because I was able to visit The Glass Thimble for the first time!


The store, based in Columbus, OH on North High Street, had actually just closed as I walked up to the store but Jamie, one of the owners, was still nice enough to let me in and offer me a tour. I explained what I was looking for and he explained how much fabric I'd need. I even got a small lesson on the difference between regular fabric and Batik fabric!


The store is a lot bigger than it seems and the also offer beads for making jewelry, which my husband will enjoy! Classes are offered for those of different skill levels. They range from handbags to quilt and everything in between. If you're in the Columbus, Ohio area and happen to visit the store, tell me how it went! Say hi to Jamie for me and enjoy the class selection!


0 comments:

Post a Comment