Monday, June 17, 2013

My First Quilt: What not to do when binding

So I was following the wrong tutorial, maybe? The tutorial called for 2" strips of fabric that would be used to create the edge of the quilt. I cut them and sewed them together.




Finally I sewed them onto the quilt. After finishing, one part I curiously took a break and check other tutorials on the topic. These other tutorials ask for a wider strip and instead of sewing it like I did (one edge first at 1/4" seam). They sewed it at 1/4" seam while folded.


Did I do it wrong?  I'll keep going because although it might take longer, I think I'll get the same result.

I just want to know if there's anyone out there that has done it the way I'm doing it. That tutorial and some others call for a whip stitch (which I have to remember what it is).

0 comments:

Post a Comment